Ten Commandments of Hunting Safety
- Treat every firearm with the same respect due a
- Control the direction of your firearm's muzzle.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
- Unload firearms when not in use.
- Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend
- Never climb a fence or tree, or jump a ditch or
log, with a loaded firearm.
- Never shoot a bullet at a flat, hard surface or
- Store firearms and ammunition separately.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or other mood-altering
drugs before or while shooting.