Mark Beauchesne: 603-271-6355
Jane Vachon: 603-271-3211
September 21, 2009
[Media -- CLICK to skip to PSA text]
Reminder -- National Hunting and Fishing Day Expo & N.H. Tour Is This Saturday, September 26, 2009
CONCORD, N.H. -- Don't forget, this Saturday, September 26, 2009, brings a hunting and fishing bonanza to New Hampshire in the form of the National Hunting and Fishing Day Expo & N.H. Tour. Admission is free. Events take place statewide, anchored by an outdoor sporting show at the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department in Concord, N.H. In Holderness, Fish and Game's Owl Brook Hunter Education Center will open its doors open to the public, offering archery, muzzleloader and shotgun shooting. Watch for special events at local fish and game clubs and retail specials on outdoor gear at outfitters around the state. Check out the Expo exhibitors and the list of participating clubs and retailers at www.wildnh.com/expotour.
From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on September 26, the grounds of the Fish and Game Department in Concord, N.H., will be transformed into a huge Outdoor Expo. More than 50 sporting organizations and hunting and fishing product manufacturers will be on hand with demos and gear. Just for coming, you'll be entered into a free raffle for prizes, including a Triumph Bone Collector .50 cal. muzzleloader donated by Thompson Center Arms, a handheld GPS unit from DeLorme, and fishing maps and guidebooks from Fishing Guides of New England. Come test your archery skills, try a sport fishing simulator, and see hunting dog demos. The hatchery truck will be on hand with big fish in the tank. Check out the latest outdoor gear, from ice fishing tip-ups to turkey calls. Guns, ammo, decoys, canoes, boats, fishing gear, and more -- it will all be there! Visit www.wildnh.com/expotour. Admission is free!
Also on September 26, 2009, Fish and Game's Owl Brook Hunter Education Center (387 Perch Pond Road) in Holderness, N.H., will offer interactive activities from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., including shotgunning, archery and muzzleloader shooting courtesy of Thompson/Center Arms. Come explore Owl Brook's trails, ranges, hunter education exhibits and the old-time trapper cabin. Directions at www.huntnh.com/Hunting/hunter_ed_center.htm. Free admission!
Many outdoor businesses, outfitters, license agents and fish and game clubs are joining the celebration with their own special events and in-store discounts on September 26. See the full list and more details at www.wildnh.com/expotour. Highlights include:
- Country Pond Fish and Game Club in Newton will be open to the public and supervised by range officers.
- Elkins Fish and Game Club will hold a "New Shooter" event for youths or adults who have never shot a gun before.
- Pinnacle Mountain Fish & Game Club in Lyndeborough will host muzzleloader, BB gun, sling shot, trap, .22 rifle and blackpowder cannon shoots; free admission.
- Deering Fish and Game Club in Hillsborough will offer youth the opportunity to learn about safe firearm handling skills and try pistols, rifles, archery and BB guns.
- The New Hampshire School of Falconry in Deering will hold an open house with falcon flight demos and more.
- The Katahdin German Shorthaired Pointer Club in Henniker will host a pointing breed hunting test.
- Dover Marine/Covered Bridge Sports in Dover will offer a fall bluefin tuna fishing and intro to shark fishing presentation, plus sales on tuna and shark gear and tackle.
- The Barn Store of New England in Salisbury will offer in-store specials and raffle off a Savage 243 American Classic.
- Place in the Woods Trading Post in Antrim will have a muzzleloader tryout and in-store promotions from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Show your hunting license at Dick's Sporting Goods in Keene, Concord or Newington on September 26 or 27 and get hunting and fishing discount coupons.
The Hunting and Fishing Day Expo & N.H. Tour is hosted by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and sponsored by the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire.
- ### -
Air through September 26, 2009
National Hunting and Fishing Day Expo & N.H. Tour
If you love to hunt and fish, don't miss the National Hunting and Fishing Day Expo and N.H. Tour coming this Saturday, September 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be a free sporting show at the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department in Concord, N.H.; shooting activities at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center; and special events at fish and game clubs and retailers around the state. Check it out at WILD NH DOT COM.